Thursday, October 7, 2010

x-posted from xanga :: "Surprise Inside" October 5th, 2010

About Brandon - I made jar-cakes today per Brandon's request. He always asks me to make them for him in lieu of a regular cake, but it works out because we can't eat a whole cake before it goes bad anyway. When he came home from work, I was witching away in the kitchen and said something about "jar-cakes for my jar-head," and he grumbled, "I'm not a jarhead. I'm a POG. The only jar-heads in the Marine Corps are grunts. And besides, I don't have a high-and-tight." [The term jar-head comes from the high-and-tight haircut's resemblance to a jar.] Always so literal and precise when it comes to anything about the Marine Corps.

About me - I spend all my time thinking and talking about my husband and daughter.

About Annelise - she's disobedient. Likes to scream. Hates me. Worships Brandon. Beautiful, though.

Brandon's mom posted an album on her FB with baby photos of Brandon and pictures of Annelise. Her caption read, "Does daddy and daughter look alike? Should we get a dna test?" There's no denying that Annelise is made up of half of me and half of Brandon. Exhibits A, B & C ::

Brandon, circa 1987.
[Is that a screwdriver and hammer in his pocket? And a rainbow-colored...koala?]

Me, circa 1989.
[I remember that chair...]

Annelise, circa last week.




Cheers!!
-Samantha.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for sharing your post over here!!! My comment still stands that she is a perfect blend! She's getting so big... I can't wait to see ya'll next month!

    ReplyDelete