Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Update on the Life of the Smith Family

Brandon recently returned home from a full deployment to Afghanistan, during which he was promoted and Annelise and I stayed in Georgia with my parents. Understandably, we are all so happy to have him home safe and sound, and hopefully for good! Life is slowly settling down into a normal routine again. Things were certainly crazy for awhile what with a second move across state lines in the same calendar year and our favorite Marine's return home. Of course, I have some photos I would like to share!! =)

This is our new backyard during the eye of Hurricane Irene - FLOODED!! Thankfully, we made it through the storm safely with no damages to personal property.



Here are some pictures of Brandon's homecoming ::


A picture of me and Havoc at our favorite beach in the area. I love this dog!! He took care of us, and he and I must have logged over 300 hours working on leash and obedience training daily while Brandon was away.

Annelise showing off her new bed [and braid-wavy hair] that I found on Craigslist for $40. =) I am about to do an overhaul of her bedroom. I have a bookshelf I need to paint white to match the rest of her furniture, and am going to craft her some butterfly print curtains.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing!!!! This means a lot to me! AND, I still love all your pictures! Well, aside from the flooded yard, but I'm still glad that no one was hurt and there was no damage. Thanks for some helpful activity on this blog! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete