Monday, October 3, 2011

Wildlife Encounters

There's a lot of wildlife around here, being that we live in a fairly wooded area.
This month alone we have had:

 - A bat in the living room

- A slug on the door 

Photobucket 
- A snake [that my cats were somewhat helpful with...thanks, guys, for just watching it slither around the back door] 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Obviously it was a little, teeny tiny snake, and wasn't too big a deal.


- Deer walking down the driveway and in the back yard is common, especially this trio! I see them going back and forth all the time. I think I see them on their way to and from a lake that is just on the other side of the street. 


PhotobucketPhotobucket


- A chicken walking around the back yard in the woods along the far side of our fence the other day. 

- And of course, there's a little monster that lives here now... 

Photobucket

This list doesn't include the usual squirrels, birds (especially those that are living in our fireplace), rabbits, lizards, livestock (horses, cows,  and donkeys), chipmunks, spiders, bugs, cats, dogs, armadillos, racoons, etc. that are always wandering around in plain sight day in and day out.  I could add that we regularly hear a lot of "music" from the coyotes after dark.

What kind of wildlife/animals do you encounter at home on a regular basis?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! Cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah....above comment meant for the blog posted on the fifth....

    ReplyDelete