Before I start the Front Door Makeover, I wanted to share the first half of my Saturday. Aiden, my mom, and I went to our county's Fall Festival!
I learned about a really neat "party" idea that's smack in the middle of downtown that I'd love to try sometime! There were tons of neat goods for sale by locals. Mostly, I just enjoyed looking around at all the fall goods and bumping into old friends and spending a lovely autumn morning with Aiden and Mom.
Don't you just love Mom's sweater!?
______________________________________________________________________
Okay, on to the Front Door Makeover I promised!
I have been longing to make some changes to the exterior of our house. So, this past weekend I ran to the store and purchased some paint and set out to achieve something.
Saturday's Progress:
During Aiden's nap I:
And:
Note: As you can see by my little tub of paint, I didn't have the proper bin for a roller so my progress was pretty sad, and the first coat was pathetic.
But then Aiden woke up and wanted to help:
At this point we wandered over to Grandma-ma's house to pick up some proper rolling trays.
Meanwhile, the cats were pretty mad that they were locked up in the laundry room during all this:
When the first primer coat dried, I did:
Like my painting outfit? Those reindeer pants have sooooo many stories of the projects I've painted...
And, at the end of the day:
I'm not 100% sure about the door color, but I'm thinking I'll add a few more touches to the porch and see how it grows on me. The blue turned out a lot brighter than I'd anticipated.
The worst that could happen is I go back to the store and pick a different shade of blue.
Stay tuned for Part Two!










No comments:
Post a Comment