Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Kitten who spoiled the Dump Trip

Got the truck all loaded up to take a bunch of junk to the dump this morning...walked up to the truck and heard "meow" "meow"...coming from underneath. A little feller has perched his kitten self underneath the truck bed. Audrey and Rhonda were called out for kitten rescue. I shoved a broom handle in to push the kitten out the other side - the kitten simply shifted to the side and let it go past. Then he rubbed his little kitten head on the broom handle in a lazy scratch. My dump trip had been effectively shut down by a stinky little kitten.
Since I can't get a pic of the kitten yet, I've chosen this representative photo. If you will imagine this cat in more of a grey fur, about 12 pounds lighter, severely smaller in stature, smaller claws, not standing on a cemetery plot in Crawford, underneath the bed of my truck, crouching rather than walking, a much shorter tail, a little more scrappy looking, much younger and probably hungrier - you'll get the picture.
GA is killing Idaho St so I've lost interest in the game and am thinking of my next plan to extricate the little bugger from underneath the truck. I'm running out of time for my dump trip! Hannah and Aiden are coming over - perhaps I could dangle Aiden near the rear tire in hopes that a small human might be less intimidating - or use the squirt bottle Hannah is to bring. We put some food out there, but it hasn't pulled kitty out yet.
Oh well, I guess it is time to change out of my stretchy pants and do some real hard kitty removal thinking. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Quite a predicament. Good luck with the kitty extraction and let us know what finally worked! Maybe he'll move into the spiffy new airstream with Papa/Grand Dad LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Loving the not-so-representative photo.

    What about letting Moose and Otis give scruffy kitty a little scare out from under there?

    ReplyDelete